When our inaugural event was deferred from September 2020 to May 2021, we were confident that this would remove any risk of the event being impacted by Coronavirus restrictions. Whilst we still remain hopeful of this, we can no longer be totally sure! So with that in mind, we have amended our event T&Cs
to reassure potential entrants of the steps that we will take to ensure a COVID-secure event next May, and in the worst case scenario of postponement, our policy regarding deferrals and/or refunds.
We are maintaining a close eye on evolving Government and UK Athletics guidance regarding safe operation of outdoor trail running events. In such a fluid situation, it is obviously impossible to finalise operating protocols for the event at the moment. But in the run-up to the event, we will provide email updates to all competitors setting out appropriate pre-race, race-day and post-race protocols in line with best safe practice at that time. Hopefully we will be back to some sort of normality by May 2021 - but even if there are still some restrictions in place, the relatively small size and outdoor setting of our event should allow the event to go ahead with relatively small adjustments, such as an online pre-race briefing and a staggered start.
In the very worst case scenario of event postponement, we are undertaking to provide a 90% cash refund to any competitors that do not wish to take up a deferred place at the next event in May 2022.