Each runner agrees and understands the full nature of the event they are entering and the concept of an ultramarathon. This includes that the event will typically involve running throughout the night and well into the next day, with limited rest and over potentially challenging terrain, with inherent risks of changing weather conditions.
Each runner understands that it is their responsibility to adequately train for the event they have entered, and that they should monitor their own health throughout and are ultimately responsible for their own safety. Each runner's safety depends on their own skills and abilities, gained from other events, placing them in good stead to take on the mental and physical challenges of a Mayflower Events event.
Each runner also understands these are their responsibilities not those of Mayflower Events.
Each runner understands that the events will be run under UK Athletics (UKA) rules and agree to adhere to these and the decisions of the nominated race referee. They also confirm that they will be 20 years or older on the day of the event.
By submitting an entry into a Mayflower Events event (“the Event”), you declare that you hereby, for yourself, your heirs and executors, administrators, successors, and assigns, agree that:-
1. I hereby agree to comply with the Conditions of Entry and all event rules and regulations as set down by Mayflower Events (“the Event Organisers”). These conditions include the length of time taken to complete sections of the course which may be implemented by the Event Organisers, at their discretion, to ensure safe and proper running of the event.
2. I understand that the event will be run under UK Athletics (UKA) rules. I agree to adhere to these and the decisions of the nominated race referee.
3. I confirm that I will be 20 years of age or older on the date of the event.
4. I agree that the decision of the Race Directors will be final in all circumstances and no discussion will be entered into.
5. I confirm that I am an experienced ultra runner/endurance walker, with the skills and ability to undertake the stipulated route, across the range of terrain and in the wide range of weather conditions you would expect for the time of year.
6. I confirm that I have previously completed an official trail marathon race in the last twelve months if I am entering the Three Rivers Ultra event.
7. I confirm that I have previously completed an official trail ultramarathon race of at least 35 miles in the last twelve months if I am entering the Four Rivers Ultra.
8. I confirm that I have previously completed an official trail ultramarathon of at least 50 miles in the last twelve months if I am entering the Five Rivers Ultra.
9. I agree to complete the event entirely on foot.
10. I agree that pacers are not permitted during this race and use of, will result in my disqualification.
11. I agree to conduct myself in a sporting, professional and cautious manner during my participation in the event and understand that I may be disqualified if I do not do so.
12. I understand participation in the Event is physically strenuous and demanding and am fully aware of the nature of the event I am entering and all associated medical and physical risks involved. I further certify that I am physically capable of competing in the chosen Event and I will only compete if I am fit enough to do so.
13. I understand and agree that I participate in the Event entirely at my own risk, that I must rely on my own ability in dealing with all hazards, and that I must conduct myself in a manner that is safe for myself and all others throughout the duration of the Event.
14. Whilst the Event Organisers take every care with the staging of the Event, I accept that I must make all reasonable precautions for the safeguarding of my person and of my property during my participation in this Event. I further acknowledge that personal accident and personal items insurance is my responsibility.
15. I agree to retire immediately from the event if ordered to do so by the Event Organisers, any government official or member of the emergency services.
16. I accept full liability for any medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participating in the Event.
17. I will be immediately disqualified from the Event if I am found to have intentionally shortened the route of the Event.
18. I will be immediately disqualified from the Event if I am found to be deliberately littering the course.
19. All decisions and rulings by the Event Organisers, its staff and its agents are considered final.
20. The Event Organisers reserve the right to vary these conditions by giving notice in writing in any official event material or correspondence prior to the event.
21. If I have any medical condition(s), including allergies, which the Event Organisers or Event medical advisors might need to be aware of, I have provided details of this on my entry form, and will also provide written details of this on the rear of my pin-on numbers prior to my participation in the Event.
22. I agree to display my number at all times during the Event.
23. I acknowledge that my pin-on number is personal to me and it is non-transferable under any circumstances.
24. I accept that the Event Organisers, sponsors, race officials, medical advisers and any person involved in the organisation of this Event are not liable for any injury or illness or resultant death that I may suffer as a result of my participation in the Event, whether prior to, during or subsequent to the Event. I enter the Event entirely at my own risk. I renounce any rights and claims for damages that I may have against the Event Organisers, sponsors, race officials, medical advisers and any person involved in the organisation of this Event together with their trustees, officers, directors, shareholders, successors and assigns, (collectively, “Releasees”) and release them from all liability to the Participant and his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs, executors, and successors for loss(es), damage(s) and claims therefore on account of injury to Participant or his/her property or the resultant death of Participant, whether caused by the active or passive negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, in connection with Participants involvement in the Event (“Losses”), and further covenants not to sue any of the aforementioned parties for such Losses.
25. I understand that at registration, I must produce photographic identification.
26. I am aware that when running, the function of any marshal is only to indicate a direction and that I must decide if the movement is safe.
27. I accept that, in relation to my participation in this Event, I am required to obey instructions from marshals and relevant signage before, during and after the Event.
28. Although the Event is largely a trail event, there will inevitably be some road crossings, where it will be necessary to slow and possibly stop. I agree that I am responsible for my own safety and wellbeing in these situations and must only cross when I deem it to be safe.
29. There may also be some sections along roads. In all instances, I agree to take the utmost care and position myself on the road according to the UK Highway Code. I also agree to wear reflective items of clothing and carry appropriate lighting to make myself visible to other road users, especially in the hours of, or just before or after, darkness. I understand that the use of headphones and other such items that may impair my ability to hear, is strictly prohibited while on the road at any time of the day or night.
30. The Event Organisers introduce cut off times for completion of sections of the course as they see fit. These will be made clear prior to the Event. Competitors may be instructed to withdraw from the Event in accordance with the imposed cut off times.
31. I accept that the Event Organisers reserve the right to amend the event format or cancel the Event due to health and safety reasons, including storm, rain, inclement weather, winds or any other act of god conditions. I accept that my Entry fee shall be non-refundable in this circumstance as costs have already been incurred.
32. I accept that the Event Organisers will do their utmost to provide me with a finish time following my completion of the Event, however, they will not be held responsible for any computer result anomalies.
33. I understand that confirmed entry to this event is dependent on a fully and accurately completed online Entry Form, and receipt of payment to cover my Entry fee at least 10 working days (2 weeks) in advance of the event. If either of these conditions is not fulfilled then my entry will not be valid nor accepted, and I will not be eligible to take part in the Event.
34. Through my completion and submission of the online Entry Form, I am committing to paying for my Event entry via the means as instructed on the entry website.
35. I irrevocably consent to my appearance in any media format, in relation to the publicity of this Event, and in future publicity and advertising of Mayflower Events CIO; provided that such use does not imply my direct endorsement of any official sponsor or suppliers of the Event.
36. A person who is not a party to these Terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
37. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following: strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government; and pandemic or epidemic.
38. I agree that the Event Organisers may publish my Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) your name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category. Your details may also be passed onto 3rd parties via Live tracking so that your family and friends and the general public can follow every entrant’s position during the Event.
39. I agree that I am entirely responsible for my safe onward travel to my home, or other location, following my completion or withdrawal from the event. I acknowledge that ultra running is both a physically and mentally demanding sport and as such, I will ensure I am fully rested before I continue my travel, including but not limited to driving a car.
40. I agree that should my GPS Tracker be damaged, lost or stolen, I will cover the cost of the tracker which is £150 + VAT per GPS tracker.
41. Upon withdrawal or completion of the Event, I agree to return the GPS tracker to the Race Organiser. If a GPS tracker is not returned to a dedicated Race Marshal at Race HQ then I will cover the cost of the tracker which is £150 + VAT per GPS tracker.
42. I agree that should I be late in returning my GPS Tracker to the Event Organisers, I will pay a charge of £2.50 + VAT per GPS Tracker per day, starting from the day following the published finish date of the Event.
43. I have read, understood and accept the Mayflower Events Withdrawal Policy (see below).
44. I agree that I am solely responsible for the safety and actions of any family, friends or crew that attend the race to support me. Any actions by the aforementioned individuals or group of individuals, which leads to a complaint being made to the Event Organisers or puts other participants or members of the Event Team in danger, could result in my disqualification from the race and a ban from participating in future events by the Event Organisers.
45. I agree that the use of my own support crew or another runners support crew, is not allowed between the hours of 22:00 and 08:00, other than those provided by the Event Organisers, at pre-defined checkpoints or at other locations along the course. This includes meeting support crew on the route, other than for the means of retiring from the event. I accept that being suspected of having used support crew during these hours could result in my disqualification from the event.
46. I agree to comply with any COVID-secure protocols put in place by the Event Organisers to ensure compliance with latest Government and/or UK Athletics Guidelines in operation at the Event date.